Subject: Re: [search-ws] Untidy Arrangements: recordXMLEscaping andrecordPacking

Hi Ray:

Thanks for this. Is looking good but was getting some errors with validating
my test with facets. Will need to spend some more time tomorrow. Something
in my content model seems to be adrift.

Some points below. (Btw, am trying to figure out if this is a 2.0 stylesheet
or a universal 1.*,2.* stylesheet as it contains a lot of 1.* references.)

[1] For now, I note that both recordPacking and recordXMLEscaping are
reported in each record. Which I think is good, but I would strongly suggest
to make both optional elements.

[2] Also, I didn't recall exactly why this was included in both
recordDefinition and searchRetrieveResponseDfinition content models:

==
<xs:any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" namespace="##other"
processContents="lax"/>
==

Why? I thought we had the extraRecordData and extraResponseData elements for
extensibility?

[3] Why is recordIdleTime still present with recordTTL added below
extraRecordData. Why isn't -TTL replacing -IdleTime above?

[4] Is version still OK? Am happy with it being optional.

[5] Hmm, and while we're here what about this:

    <xs:simpleType name="versionDefinition">
        <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
            <xs:enumeration value="1.0"/>
            <xs:enumeration value="1.1"/>
            <xs:enumeration value="1.2"/>
        </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleType>

So, in summary the one real change needed for now is [1] - making both
recordPacking and recordXMLEscaping optional.

Cheers,

Tony