Subject: Re: [search-ws] RE: content-type for Zeerex/Explain

Hi Ray:

> Good question. srw-types seems to give the illusion that it supports the
> Explain response but I can't see any substantive explain information in it.

I think you might be confusing the explain response type with the zeerex
payload. So the SRU explain operation returns an application/sru+xml
response (from standard 1.* schema srw-types.xsd). The record payload
happens to be zeerex-2.0.xsd.

[[
Interestingly, I suppose in analogy to the searchRetrieve record data the
explain record data could vary, e.g. An OpenSearch description??
]]

But point is the at the wrapper is the explain response, and the contents
the zeerex description of indexes, relations and whatnot, see example from
our 1.* response below.

So it seems to me we should be doing likwise in 2.* and maintainting one
schema and one media type.

Cheers,

Tony

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="/opensearch/common/xsl/explainResponse.xsl"?>
<srw:explainResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/zing/srw/
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/sru1-1archive/xml-files/srw-types.xsd";
xmlns:srw="http://www.loc.gov/zing/srw/";>
    <srw:version>1.1</srw:version>
    <srw:record>

<srw:recordSchema>http://explain.z3950.org/dtd/2.0/</srw:recordSchema>
        <srw:recordPacking>xml</srw:recordPacking>
        <srw:recordData>
            <zr:explain authoritative="true"
xmlns:zr="http://explain.z3950.org/dtd/2.0/";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://explain.z3950.org/dtd/2.0/