Subject: RE: [search-ws] Parameter name mismatch, responseType, APD and SRU

I meant "I suggest the first" not "latter".

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress [mailto:rden@loc.gov]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 6:00 PM
To: 'OASIS SWS TC'

Sorry I meant to get this on the agenda for this morning and forgot. But I'd
like to get a quick resolution and it is a small problem.

So we have two choices:

1. change the name of responseType in the APD to something else.
2. Change the name of responseType in SRU to something else.

I suggest the latter. Change the name of ResponseType in the APD to
responseFormat.  Why? Because (paradoxically) the parameter is more abstract
in SRU than it is in the APD, and ResponseType seems more abstract than
responseFormat.