Subject: RE: [search-ws] Proposal for a revised syntax for "facetLimit"

Title: Proposal for a revised syntax for "facetLimit"

I'm not following.   Let's see what we agree on.  We agree that this should be collapsed to one parameter.  (Leave the default aside for now.)

In other word, we don’t want

facetLimit:dc.creator=10& facetLimit:dc.subject=100

i.e. two parameters, but we want to collapse that to a single parameter.

Right?

That means sub-parmeters, and there are two ways proposed to delimit them, comma or space.  If by space then you need to wrap the entire parameter in quotes; if by comma you don't but commas introduce other problems.   The other issue is whether to use colon or equal sign to connect the index name to the value, which I think is an insignificant issue.

Have I summarized this accurately?

And I expressed a preference based solely on how we do it for sort. Otherwise, I don't care.

--Ray