Subject: RE: [search-ws] SRU Diagnostics: Annex C

Title: RE: [search-ws] SRU Diagnostics: Annex C

Hi Ray:

I think this is missing the point a little: *all* the diagnostics are *SRU* diagnostics, although some are generated on account of a CQL condition which is detected by the *SRU server*. It is the SRU server that is sending the diagnostics not any CQL parser.

Hope that clarifies where I'm coming from.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress [mailto:rden@loc.gov]
Sent: Mon 11/29/2010 4:19 PM
To: Hammond, Tony; search-ws@lists.oasis-open.org

Well the problem as I see it is this.  I don't think it would be proper to
include cql diagnostics in a normative part of the sru  spec.   Currently,
the list of diagnostics is normative.  We could change that to
non-normative.  Or we could list normative and non-normative diagnostics
separately  - in normative and non-normative sections respectively  (of
course, cql diagnostics would be normative within the cql spec).

What do you suggest?   I am somewhat reluctant to make first class sru
diagnostics non-normative. But only somewhat.

--Ray