Subject: facet limit

Let's try to resolve the facet limit parameter issue.  As I look back over the discussion I realize it is not settled.

Only Ralph and Tony care. The issue was posted to the SRU as well as the public OASIS list and both were silent, so we can settle this among us.

What we do agree on is that the current facet parameter definition should be changed, because it essentially defines different parameter names for each facet.  (I agree this should be changed.)

Ralph prefers a single,repeating parameter, e.g.

facetLimit=dc.creator=5&facetLimit=dc.subject=10

Tony prefers a non-repeating parameter, facetLimit, where all of the facet limits are crammed into the single parameter value, which is delimited either by comma or by space (and in the latter case the entire value wrapped in quotes).

And I think we would also add an additional parameter, defaultFacetLimit.

So that's where we are, I think.

Ralph and Tony, do you both still feel strongly about your preference?