Subject: RE: A further role for queryn: Leading and trailing booleans

In practice will we mix different Booleans in queries of this form (as opposed to all the terms being and-ed or all the terms being or-ed) since we don't have any brackets?

I know that in practice it is quite easy to create a form which allows you to specify three terms and the intervening two Booleans,

But given the query A and B or C, to the naïve use this may be ambiguous - is it

(A and B) or C

Or

A and (B or C)

Now, I know that there is a preference order, so that in reality there is no real ambiguity. However, I must confess to being a little rusty, so *I* don't actually know which is the correct one which going and looking it up - on which basis I suspect the casual user wouldn't know either.

Matthew