Subject: RE: [search-ws] queryn: Some further comments

> "The queryN parameter is peculiar to the cql-form queryType"

Can we go back a few steps, and check what we agree on.

Where I think we are at is:

i) we agree that we change the spec to allow the value queryType to determine which parameter(s) contain the query. The default is that the query will be passed via a parameter called "query", but a specific queryType can specify otherwise.

ii) we agree that we should introduce a new queryType to handle Tony's use case. This queryType will use different parameters to pass the query than the "query" parameter.

Where we still need to agree:

i) the name for this new queryType - or are we happy with "cql-form"

ii) the status of this queryType - normative, non-normative but included in spec; Nature specific extension etc. I would favour that this is at least a non-normative part of the spec.

ii) the syntax for this queryType
  a) the need for "queryn" parameter - although I think we've probably reached the conclusion it is needed
  b) leading versus trailing Booleans
  c) exact names for the parameters (although q[i|r|t|b]<n> seems the current candidate).

Matthew