Subject: RE: [search-ws] RE: A further role for queryn: Leading and trailing booleans

> No, the server can't figure it out if there is the potential for
> omitted parms and unintentionally provided parms (Booleans, indexes and
> relations without terms).
>
> The server gets qt2=cat qb2=and qt3=dog qb3=or
>
> How does the server know if an AND or an OR is being requested?  Was
> that Boolean provided for term2 supposed to apply to the omitted term 1
> or to the provided term 2?  Was the Boolean provided with term 3
> supposed to apply to term 2 or to the omitted term 4?

I don't really understand what "omitted term 1" means.  Does it mean the
form has terms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .... and the user started with term2, and
entered two terms so he ommitted term 1 (and he also omitted term 4 and term
5 ...) or does it mean something else?

In that case, you have a two term query, term 2 and term 3.  And it's a bad
query and should be failed. It's a bad query because either the first or
last term must omit the boolean.

Or else, explain to me what "omitted term" means.