Subject: RE: [search-ws] RE: A further role for queryn: Leading and trailing booleans

> I don't really understand what "omitted term 1" means.  Does it mean
the
> form has terms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .... and the user started with term2,
and
> entered two terms so he ommitted term 1 (and he also omitted term 4
and term
> 5 ...) or does it mean something else?

Did you look at that form I pointed you at?  Each field in the form
corresponded to an index.  The user might well only use the 7 and 50th
term fields in that form and only the qt7 and qt50 terms would be sent.
But, every one of those indexes would be sent in as well as every one of
those Booleans.

> In that case, you have a two term query, term 2 and term 3.  And it's
a bad
> query and should be failed. It's a bad query because either the first
or
> last term must omit the boolean.

What piece of code is going to be responsible for omitting the Boolean?
We're talking about the dumbest of dumb clients who only have the smarts
to follow the rules for processing forms.  It's up to the server to
figure out how to interpret the mass of information it gets and turn it
into a legitimate CQL query.  (Which is easy to do, since the javascript
in my form does exactly that.)

Ralph