Subject: RE: [search-ws] RE: cql-form issues checklist

Any explanation for the objection.

This approach does not break any existing applications, keeps the requirement for the query parameter to indicate the searchRetrieve operation.

Modifying the spec such that queryType can indicate additional parameters to query, seems no worse than modifying the spec so that queryType can indicate alternative parameters to query.

How the server interprets anything passed in the query parameter is entirely dependent on the value of queryType so no change there.

Matthew