Subject: FW: application/sru+xml media type registration

Please see the following email exchange.
Also see new Internet Draft
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-03.txt

They are suggesting that I drop application/sru+xml from the list of media
types I am trying to register and proceed with the rest of them, if sru
isn't stable.

I do not want to drop sru - if we do that it will take forever to register
it - so let's figure out a way to rationalize a claim that it is stable.

We're only talking about the response schema, they don't care about the
protocol specification.

First let's stop calling it sru-2-0 and just call it sru; it does
accommodate sru 1.2, albeit with a different namespace.  I can commit to
maintaining it in the current location
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/schemas/sru-2-0-response.xsd  (though
I suppose we would change sru-2-0-response to sru-response)  at LC forever
(or at least "indefinitely") though I cannot commit to its complete
stability, but if we can say that it is reasonably stable and there may be
minor changes in the next month or so, then I think that would satisfy them.

So I request that everyone look it over carefully now, so we can get rid of
any latent errors now rather than later.

Please get back to me on this as soon as you can. Even if you don't have
time to look at the schema, give me your thoughts on the process.