Subject: RE: application/sru+xml media type registration

Hi Alexey -

We very much want application/sru+xml to be included in the media types we
are registering.

The issue would be the stability of the xml schema that the media type
refers to (and not the stability of the entire SRU protocol that we are
standardizing) right?

The schema location is listed in the draft as:

<http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/sru-2-0-response.xsd>.

That should be changed to:

http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/schemas/sruResponse.xsd

I can guarantee stability of that location.  (I cannot tell you where it
will reside at OASIS when it is finally standardized but I can guarantee
that I will maintain it at LC at this location.)   I cannot guarantee that
it is currently stable, but it is nearly stable, and any changes going
forward will be explicitly documented via comment at the top within the
schema.

Note that the schema imports six other schemas:

http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/schemas/diagnostic.xsd
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/schemas/explain.xsd
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/schemas/facetedResults.xsd
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/schemas/searchResultAnalysis.xsd
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/schemas/xcql.xsd
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/oasis/schemas/scan.xsd

And all of these will be similarly maintained.

Thanks.

--Ray