Subject: RE: [search-ws] generalizing cql-form to parameterized queries

> > I agree that the cql-form documentation must absolutely address the
> > processing necessary to convert an array of q** parms into a CQL
query.

> Just to be clear, you're not saying that it has to be converted, only
that
> the documentation should provide non-normative guidance in case the
> implementor wants to convert it.  Right?

SRU doesn't care whether it gets converted; that's an issue at the
database layer.  But, given that the intent of cql-form is to allow CQL
queries to be sent piecewise, I think the cql-form documentation must
define how to assemble a CQL queries from the pieces sent.  That
assembly will take place at the database layer (or a preprocessing layer
between the SRU server and the database).

Ralph