Subject: RE: [search-ws] class name for new class of query

Ralph, that's a valid point, but it's irrelevant to the issue I'm raising.

To your point:

let's say you want to define "XQuery" for SRU. You write up a definition, in
that definition you say "and you put your XQuery string in a parameter named
'XQuery' in the request.  And you say the value of queryType in the request
should be 'XQuery'. And you say to omit the query parameter.  And you assign
that definition a URI.

Then I want to define "XQuery for SRU, but my definition is a bit different
from yours (I've profiled the W3C spec a bit differently) and in my
definition I say "and you put your XQuery string in the query parameter in
the request".  And I say the value of queryType in the request should be
'XQuery'.  And I assign that definition a URI.

And all this should work fine right?

Now to my point.   I'm trying to write procedures for all this; the
"classical" procedures (query parameter present) are all there already; the
new procedures (query parameter omitted, new parameters present) differ
considerably.  You might not consider there to be a considerable difference
in the class of queries, but it would help to have a name to reference the
new class, just for ease of describing the proceduures.

--Ray