Subject: standing rule to initiate an email vote via email

I would like us to adopt a standing rule to allow us to initiate an email vote via email.  Normally an email vote is initiated during a meeting (in our case, a conference call), but we can adopt a "standing rule" to allow a motion to be made on this listserv. See the second paragraph cited below.  We can adopt a standing rule but we have to do it on a call, then once adopted we can conduct votes, including motions, completely via email.  So I would like us to do this on the call Monday.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2.13 TC Voting
Electronic Voting: TCs may conduct electronic ballots, either by using the TC's general mail list or the publicly archived electronic voting functionality provided by OASIS. The minimum period allowed for electronic voting shall be seven days; the TC may specify a longer voting period for a particular electronic ballot. Any Work Product Ballot conducted as an electronic ballot must permit each voter to choose "yes", "no" or "abstain."

A motion to open an electronic ballot must be made in a TC meeting unless the TC has adopted a standing rule to allow this motion to be made on the TC's general email list. When such a rule has been adopted, motions made on the mail list must also be seconded and discussed on that list.