Subject: RE: [search-ws] Next steps on Search Web Services TC deliverable(s)

Let's declare it a single product.

Ralph

TC
> > discretion is a key factor.  We can help you with the details, and
I'm

http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html

> >   (supplements and in part obsoletes:
> >   Naming Guidelines
> >   http://docs.oasis-
> > open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/resourceNaming.html
> >   http://docs.oasis-
> > open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/metadata.html )
> >

> > [3]

> > Multi-part

> > http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#quality-multiPart
> > http://docs.oasis-
> > open.org/TChandbook/Reference/WPQualityRequirements.html#multi-part
> >
> > The OASIS TC Process recognizes that most specifications (called
"Work
> > Products) are "Multi-Part" in that they are represented by a whole
made
> > up of constituent parts, where "parts" are files or logical groups
of
> > files functioning as storage objects for a conceptual unity
("part").

> > TC editors sometimes refer to Work Products or parts of Work
Products
> > as "specifications" in a "set" or "collection"
> > of documents.  Those terms are acceptable for casual use, but for
the
> > purpose of ballots, public reviews, and publication of a TC's
> > deliverables, we need to understand the part-whole relations in
terms
> > of the TC Process.
> >
> > TC Process has no notion of "set" or "collection" relations but
there
> > is a strong notion of part-whole.  It is essential to know exactly,
and
> > at all times, what parts (files) are constituents of the whole for
any
> > given whole Work Product.
> >
> > The "parts" are allowed to be almost any mixture of document
> > types: prose documents, XML schema files, image files, formal
language
> > definitions of other types, code, or other machine-readable or
human-
> > readable artifacts.
> >
> > The key point to understand is that a Work Product must be treated
AS A
> > WHOLE with respect to motions, votes, and ballots that represent
acts
> > of approval by the TC. Similarly, when an approved work product at
some
> > level of maturity is published as an approved instance (release),
all
> > parts must be identified and included in the publication. No
> > constituent part may be advanced separately (e.g., for public
review)
> > and no part may be excluded from an approval event. A ZIP file
should
> > be used to package all the parts.
> >
> > All parts are considered to progress together with the same Stage
> > identifier and Revision number at all times -- whether or not all
parts
> > are equally mature from a technical point of view.  Some parts may
have
> > changed dozens of times in the past few weeks (or since the previous
> > CSD or CSPRD) and some parts may not have changed at all.
Irrespective
> > of change history and maturity, all parts much be considered as part
of
> > the whole for any revision/stage.
> >
> > http://docs.oasis-
> > open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#stage
> > http://docs.oasis-
> > open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#revision
> >
> > The TC Process does not require that all parts be characterized as
> > "normative."  It is necessary to consider that all components
> > (constituent parts) in the whole belong to a single Track - in this
> > case, the Standards Track. But one or more parts may be
Non-Normative

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php#WPapproval

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php#dWPballot

> > A Work Product Approval Motion is any motion to initiate a Work
Product
> > Ballot.  A Work Product Ballot is any TC ballot for the approval of
> > Committee Specification Draft or Committee Note Draft, for start of
> > Public Review, for approval of a Committee Specification, or a
> > Committee Note, or submission of a Committee Specification as a
> > Candidate OASIS Standard....

> > Multi-Part Work Products
> >
> > A Multi-Part Work Product may consist of:
> >
> > - a single prose document
> > - a single prose document and one or more related  files such as
> > schemaa, dtds, classes, etc
> > - multiple prose documents
> > - multiple prose documents and one or more related  files
> >
> > The Work Product, even if multi-part, must have a single name and
> > version number, and must be approved at each stage by a single Work
> > Product Ballot. That is, the constituent parts cannot advance
> > independently of each other or stand on their own.
> >
> > In the case of multiple prose documents, there should be a single
> > primary prose document that then refers to the distinct parts. Each
> > distinct part should clearly state that it is part of the Work
Product

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41609/sru-2-0-march-

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40475/scan-december-

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41608/sru-1-2-march-