Subject: Re: [search-ws] RE: Next steps on Search Web Services TC deliverable(s)

[Ray]

> Would you recommend that you and I schedule a phone
> call soon, or should we set up a TC call?

[Robin]

I think the most efficient use of time would be for you and
I to have a phone call to discuss (briefly) all the key issues.
Once you've had a chance to think about them, then you
could make a determination as to whether:

a) a followon plenary TC meeting+call is needed  [OR]

b)  the TC list email provides a better forum for members
     to provide input on outstanding issues, where
     member agreement is expected

Both human conversation and written text will be needed
to discuss the issues (alternatives) and to document
decisions, but starting with a plenary TC phone call meeting
is probably not the best initial approach.

If you would you like to suggest some date-time candidates
for an initial phone call (e.g., Thur or Fri this week), I'll
try to match one of those candidates, and prepare an
initial worksheet of issues with enough detail to support
our one-on-one conversation.

Does that work?

- Robin

PS  I have asked the TAB for input on a couple outstanding
questions about identifiers/names for "part" in multi-part
work, given that the Naming Directives document is not
explicit.  However, decisions about best/recommended
practice on those particular questions need not delay our
personal one-on-one conversation with respect to WS-Search.