Subject: RE: [search-ws] search-sw: Re: Names and URIs

> From: Robin Cover [mailto:robin@oasis-open.org]
> 1. I have two other messages from you (at least) needing attention,
>     and hope to make some progress this weekend

Please don't bother reading the APD document I sent earlier this week, we
need to resolve the naming matters first and then I'll redraft based on what
we decide. I would like to make progress on the schema question though. (And
also the question of how much consolidation we can offload to the Overview.)

> 2. For "overview" in Part 0, would you consider "Overview"?
Fine.

> 3. We have a rule about no (COMMA, HYPHEN) punctuation preceding the
> element "Version" in a title.  So in all cases, the title should be
> "Version 1.0" without any punctuation char other than single SPACE
> preceding
Fine. However see below.

> 4. With respect to the various "hyphen-like" characters: we have a
> recent rule (not engraved in stone, but close...) that Work Product
> title not include a "hyphen-like" character.

That's fine, if we can limit that to titles. I have a strong aversion to
spaces in URIs.

So....

> But one simple fix (per above) would be (e.g)
>
> searchRetrieve: Part 1.  Abstract Protocol Definition Version 1.0

But the URI would still be:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part1-apd/

Or actually
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part1-APD/

As I have done more normalization in the redraft (see below).

Regarding the "version" rule: is it ok to end the short-title component with
a period, e.g:

    searchRetrieve: Part 1.  Abstract Protocol Definition. Version 1.0

I would like the full name to be able to liberate the (end) version number
from the part number, if possible.

I have revised the document and it is at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/42780/OASIS%20URIs.doc
(well so much for my aversion to spaces in URIs.)

Already notice one error:
    searchRetrieve Part 0.  Overview.  Version 1.0
Should be:
    searchRetrieve: Part 0.  Overview.  Version 1.0

Happy holiday!

(And, as we DC folks say .... Go Nats!)