Subject: Re: filemames

[Ray said]

> So the document URIs would look like
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part0-Overview/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part0-Overview.html

Yes, exactly right!   The pattern emerges by rule from the Naming Directives
once we have settled on an identifier for each prose part (partIdentifier)
and once we have settled on the ordering of the subcomponents
[version-id] ;  [stage-abbrev][revisionNumber] ; [partIdentifier]  -- and we
have done that in off-list conversations, reflected in your summary
messages to the TC list.   The resolution emerges from the rules for
specifications that are not multi-part.  Full display of example URIs below.

* Full URI for principal document identifier (document URI)
ND: http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#paths
Rule: http://docs.oasis-open.org/[tc-shortname]/[WP-abbrev]/[version-id]/[stage-abbrev][revisionNumber]/[doc-id].[ext]

* Filename:
ND: http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#nameConstruction
ND: http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#filenameSyntax
Rule: [WP-abbrev]-[version-id]-[stage-abbrev][revisionNumber].[ext]

Agreement to date:

I. base filenames for the principal document URIs at level csd01

searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part0-Overview.html
searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part1-APD.html
searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part2-SRU1.2.html
searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part3-SRU2.0.html
searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part4-OpenSearch.html
searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part5-CQL.html
searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part6-Scan.html
searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part7-Explain.html

II. Initial directories (when WD package is balloted as CSD01):

http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part0-Overview/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part1-APD/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part2-SRU1.2/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part3-SRU2.0/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part4-OpenSearch/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part5-CQL/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part6-Scan/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part7-Explain/

III. URIs for each of the prose part documents, for csd01 (HTML format)

Here's the example for csd01 that includes directories and
filenames for the (primary) document URIs that are used
on a spec cover page [Specification URIs], in the Citation
format block, etc -- unless I have messed up ;-)

http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part0-Overview/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part0-Overview.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part1-APD/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part1-APD.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part2-SRU1.2/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part2-SRU1.2.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part3-SRU2.0/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part3-SRU2.0.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part4-OpenSearch/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part4-OpenSearch.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part5-CQL/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part5-CQL.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part6-Scan/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part6-Scan.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/part7-Explain/searchRetrieve-v1.0-csd01-part7-Explain.html

IV. The directory names per stage will be incremented for each
stage/release, e.g.,

http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd01/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd02/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csprd01/
http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/csd03/
 (with the subordinate 8x directories storing partIdentifier in each case.
pre example in "II" above)

****** All this subject to verification by others as sanity check

Thanks!

Another message to follow shortly about "consolidation" of the
required information discussing XML namespace names,
URI listings for the XML schema resources, citations in
Normative and Non-Normative sections [in 1. Introduction ]
- basic replay is "yes, OK to consolidate all three into the
Overview document.  Details to follow.

- Robin

Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/people/staff/robin-cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html