Subject: Re: Schemas

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress
<rden@loc.gov> wrote:
> Robin - I'll be away and out of touch the next two weeks and parts of the
> following week (will be here in the office tomorrow) so before I go I want
> to be sure our work is moving along.  I sent out revisions of the seven
> documents August 4 to correct the problems you cited with the July 28
> versions; see
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/email/archives/201108
> /msg00008.html
>

> We still need an overview document, and aside from that I think the
> remaining outstanding issue is the schemas.
>
> Note it the message below I last suggested that we simply declare all schema
> references non-normative, and to not include them on the OASIS server.   You
> were going to get back to me on that.
>
> The problem is this. OASIS requires a copyright notice within the schema if
> it resides on the OASIS server.  These schemas need to be mirrored at LC. It
> is fine for all normative links to these to point to OASIS, there still
> needs to be copies at LC. The copies at LC would be identical, except we
> would want to omit the copyright notice. If OASIS will go along with that -
> files in both places but the copies at LC omit the copyright notice - that
> will work. Otherwise I would like to see if we can do as I suggested above,
> include them at LC only with non-normative references.... Or, if OASIS would
> waive the copyright rule for these schema, that would work.
>
> --Ray

Thanks, Ray.  I'll queue up discussion on the remaining items with
Chet Ensign and other OASIS Staff (as may be relevant).

Separately, I sent you private/offlist email requesting clarification
on a couple matters.

I'll watch for the Part 0 revision.

Best wishes for your "next two weeks+" activities, if that's
to be a refreshing change of pace.

- Robin