Subject: preparing to ballot SWS specs

I am hereby contacting OASIS SWS TC members by individual email, to be sure that I am reaching you all (and I am copying the TC email list as well). I wish to re-convene the TC, for the purpose of conducting a ballot.

We do not need to hold a meeting/conference call, we can conduct a ballot via email.

THIS EMAIL IS NOT A BALLOT; please do not vote until there is a ballot issued (hopefully soon).  We will be voting on the specification consisting of the documents zipped together at: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/44497/oasis-sws.zip  to promote it to a Committee Specification for Public Review.  (These are unchanged - other than boilerplate additions, typo corrections, etc. - from the last drafts that you all have seen.)

I have heard from Ralph and Janifer so far (in response to yesterday's message) so you two need not respond to this message. Tony, Matthew, and Larry, I would like to hear from you; please let me know if you are able to access the TC web page and email listserv.

We need to determine exactly how many of the six of us are still active members. There are at least three - Ralph, Janifer, and myself.  By unofficial count there are five members (Tony may have left the group) and if so, we would need three affirmative votes to approve the ballot. If there are six, we will need four affirmative votes. If there are only the three of us remaining (Jan, Ralph, and I) we will need two affirmative votes.

Thanks.