Subject: SWS to OASIS Specification

OASIS SWS  TC, and Chet:

It is time to begin the process of moving the SWS spec to OASIS Specification.

The Public Review period ended (several weeks ago), there were a few (minor) comments and we responded to them.  The responses provided some clarification, but in my opinion, nothing that warrants changes to any of the documents.  (One of the comments pertained to a error on the LC web site pertaining to the documents. I fixed the error, but that did not involve a change to any of the actual documents.)

If we were to change the documents we would need to hold another review period, which I am quite willing to do if any TC members think it is necessary, but if not, I would like to proceed to the next step.

The current list of active TC members is:

- Ralph
- Jan
- Matthew
- Ray

(Sadly, Larry is no longer with us.)

The next step, as I understand, is a ballot among the four members. We will need a majority of three (?) affirmative votes.

Chet, according to the OASIS procedures:

"The TC Chair shall notify the TC Administrator that the TC is ready to vote on the approval of the Committee Specification or Committee Note, and provide to the TC Administrator the location of the editable versions of the files. The TC Administrator shall set up and conduct the ballot to approve the Committee Specification or Committee Note."

Please consider this to be notification that the TC is ready to vote on the approval of the Committee Specification, which is the same specification, unchanged, that recently underwent Public Review.

 Please advise how to proceed.

Thanks