Subject: RE: [search-ws] Moving SWS spec towards OASIS standard

Me?

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: search-ws@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:search-ws@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Denenberg, Ray
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 3:02 PM
To: 'OASIS SWS TC'

We have completed the step "approval of a Committee Specification",
http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec.
The next step is "Submission of a Candidate OASIS Standard"; see
http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard
3.4.1.

First, we need three statements of use, defined as follows:

"... statement by an OASIS Organizational Member stating that it is
successfully using or implementing that specification in accordance with
the conformance clauses specified in Section 2.18, identifying those
clauses that apply, and stating whether its use included the
interoperation of multiple independent implementations."

That leaves some room for interpretation.  e.g. " successfully using or
implementing" would suggest that there is a distinction between "using"
and "implementing" (and I am going to assume that the term
"successfully" is gratuitous).   I would take "implementing" to mean
"being in the process of developing an implementation". We're all doing
that, right?

So, who here can offer a statement of use?