Subject: RE: searchRetrieve interoperability demonstration

I like the idea of a webinar.

Ralph

From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 4:44 PM
To: Denenberg, Ray; Carol Geyer; Jamie Clark
Cc: LeVan,Ralph; Matthew Dovey; OASIS SWS TC

Hi Ray, Ralph, Matthew -

The policy that governs in this case is the Liaison Policy, specifically the section on submitting documents to other standards bodies (see https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork). It calls for: "The successful completion of an OASIS-organized public interoperability demonstration between at least three independent implementations conducted in accordance with the OASIS InterOp Demonstration Guidelines.

We have some flexibility in how this is done.

I have talked with Carol about how we could meet the requirement given that the TC has very limited membership and resources. Generally these public demonstrations are done at conferences or some other location where members are going to be any way and where we can draw an audience.

In this case, Carol thought of doing a webinar. This would let us hold the demo without waiting on or incurring the expenses associated with a conference, promote it as both a demonstration and an info session and possibly even generate some interest from others in the standard. It occurred to us that Juha or someone else from the ISO might speak on why they are interested in adding it to the list of international standards.

We run webinars regularly so the mechanics is not a problem. From the content side, we would need to come up with an agenda for the program, some slides to present the standard to the audience (perhaps you all have something on this score already) and a script for the demonstration.

I think the parameters of the demo that you listed in your email work fine for the purpose.

Does this sound feasible?

Best,

/chet