The members of the OASIS Search Web Services TC  have requested that OASIS submit the following OASIS Standard :
searchRetrieve Version 1.0
30 January 2013
to ISO TC 46  for approval as a proposed International Standard.
The OASIS Liaison Policy  requires that management approve or reject the Request as meeting the policy's requirements; if it is accepted, the policy requires that the Request be posted for member review for 30 days, for comment on the proposed terms, before transmitting it to ISO.
The TC's Submission Request, dated 17 January 2014, meets each of the applicable criteria of the Liaison Policy, and is available here:
Member Review Period:
The member public review starts 20 January 2014 at 00:00 GMT and ends 19 February 2014 at 23:59 GMT.
This is an open invitation to OASIS members to comment on the proposed terms of submission, described in the Request. Comments may be submitted by any OASIS member to the TC and OASIS by directing them to the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list. Members should not need to subscribe to the list; each member should be able to use it automatically. If you have a problem posting to it, let us know. Please direct any other questions to email@example.com
Comments submitted to that list are publicly archived and can be viewed at:
========== Additional references:
 OASIS Search Web Services TC
 searchRetrieve Version 1.0 was approved as an OASIS Standard in January 2013. The Standard is in seven parts that are available here:
· searchRetrieve: Part 0. Overview Version 1.0. (this document)
· searchRetrieve: Part 1. Abstract Protocol Definition Version 1.0.
· searchRetrieve: Part 2. searchRetrieve Operation: APD Binding for SRU 1.2 Version 1.0.
· searchRetrieve: Part 3. searchRetrieve Operation: APD Binding for SRU 2.0 Version 1.0.
· searchRetrieve: Part 4. APD Binding for OpenSearch Version 1.0.
· searchRetrieve: Part 5. CQL: The Contextual Query Language Version 1.0.
· searchRetrieve: Part 6. SRU Scan Operation Version 1.0.
· searchRetrieve: Part 7. SRU Explain Operation Version 1.0.
 ISO/TC 46 Information and documentation
 OASIS Liaison Policy:
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information societyhttp://www.oasis-open.org
Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393