security-bindings message

Subject: RE: MIME type for SAML messages

Title: MIME type for SAML messages
Tim,
I think that content type text/xml is fine. It is enough to dispatch content to the xml processor.
Top-level saml element will identify saml namespace and saml schema location so it can be processed
by the saml component.
Simon Godik
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Moses [mailto:tim.moses@entrust.com]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 6:22 AM
To: 'Oasis security services bindings'
Subject: MIME type for SAML messages

Prateek - I have investigated this topic a little.  The SAML servlet on an HTTP server will have a distinct URL (the "partner ID" of the artifact will map to the SAML servlet URL).  So, all SAML messages over HTTP will go to a servlet that is expecting to process only SAML messages.  For this reason, a MIME type for SAML messages is not strictly needed.  However, in the fullness of time, HTTP servers may be receiving XML messages for a large number of different purposes.  So, we should consider registering a MIME type to distinguish the SAML messages from all the other stuff.

Best regards.  Tim.

Tim Moses
Tel: 613.270.3183