security-bindings message

Subject: RE: InterCall Confirmation of Conference Call Reservation 1621282

Once again I will not be able to attend your call. However I would like to
again contribute my proposed approach. I am wondering if this sort of scheme
would be acceptable to them.

Hal

The Shiboleth scheme requires the ability to request the attributes of user,

without revealing the identity of that user. Further, the attributes
revealed are a function of the requestor.

This can be accomodated by SAML in the following way. These capabilities are

required.

1. The ability to issue an Authentication Assertion whose subject is an
"blinded" identifier which can be mapped by an Authentication or Attribute
Authority to a particualr subject, but which has a different value each time

it is issued for the same subject.

2. The ability to construct an Attribute Assertion for a subject identified
by an Authentication Assertion with a "blinded" subject identifier. The
Attribute Assertion would be constructed on demand and only contain the
attributes appropriate for the requestor, but the means of doing this would
not be specified by SAML.

The session would go like this.

1. The user would signon and receive a SAML Artifact.

2. The user would present the Artifact, allowing a target server to retrieve

the associated "blinded" Authentication Assertion.

3. From this, the necessary Attribute Assertion could be obtained.

Steps 2 & 3 could be combined in one request/response sequence.

The assertions could also be passed via the user or pushed from the home
site.