security-bindings message

Subject: RE: Is an authentication assertion mandatory in SAML?

Bob,

The existing AttributeQuery element requires at a minimum only
a <saml:Subject> element (there is also some fuss about a completeness
specifier which I will ignore). The <Response> includes one or more
attributes assertions describing the subject.

As I understand your message, this is precisely the flow you
are referring to. It is not a "new" flow, it is part of core-16.

- prateek