security-bindings message

Subject: RE: [security-bindings] SOAP Profile draft

Title: RE: [security-bindings] SOAP Profile draft

Hello all,

Two comments:

1) Section 1.1.3
As part of the SOAP Profile Architecture, would it make sense
to also include a simple example of how SAML assertions will
be processed on sending and receiving sides of an ebXML 1.0
transaction. ebXML employs SOAP envelopes.

2)Section 1.1.4
Should we provide additional details about SMIME based
encryption and/or PKCS7 encryption as an option feature?

I'll try to dial-in to tomorrow's meeting.

thanks,
Zahid

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Salz [mailto:rsalz@zolera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 10:16 PM
To: Mishra, Prateek
Cc: 'security-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org'; Jasuja, Amit

I think it's a mistake for SAML to define a SOAP header named
dsig:Signature. I think instead it should define a header named
SAML:Signature of type dsig:Signature

The examples are a bit wrong; XML attribute values need quotes, as in
        mustUnderstand="1"
        xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://....."

Hope this helps.
        /r$