security-bindings message

Subject: RE: [security-bindings] SOAP Profile draft

Rich,

Thanks for your detailed comments. Here are some
follow-up questions:

>>I think it's a mistake for SAML to define a SOAP header named
>>dsig:Signature. I think instead it should define a header named
>>SAML:Signature of type dsig:Signature

I am afraid I am missing something here. We are, of course,
just trying to incorporate the <dsig:Signature> element from
XML-DSIG as a header within SOAP. Technically speaking there is
no such thing as a "type dsig:Signature".

I guess the real question is: what is the "mistake"
you are referring to? Do you have a specific processing
issue in mind?

>>The examples are a bit wrong; XML attribute values need quotes, as in
>>	mustUnderstand="1"
>>	xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://....."
>>
>>Hope this helps.

Thanks, will fix in the next rev.