security-consider message

Subject: Getting the security considerations group going

Ladies & gents,

The "security considerations" group hasn't really had much to do/say thus
far, mostly because the direction (IMHO) hasn't been that clear.  We now
have a strawman set of use cases available at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-use/200102/msg00045.html.  I
encourage all of you to look at them (soon!) and post comments to the
discussion board.  In addition, this may be a good point to get some
discussions going among members of this group as to how we can support the
larger OASIS Security Services effort that this group is part of.

Once all of us have had a chance to review, maybe we should have a group
discussion?  I propose Thu Feb 22nd at 12:00 EST for about an hour.  That
gives us all a week to read, digest, and discuss online.  Will this
time/date work for most people?  If so, I'll set up a concall.

--Jeremy

P.S. If anyone did NOT get the invitation from Eve Maler to attend the
Face-to-Face meeting, now would be a very good time to notify her.

P.P.S. In case you're interested, here's the list of subscribers to this
discussion:
jepstein@webmethods.com
karl.best@oasis-open.org
eve.maler@east.sun.com
jhodges@oblix.com
Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com
"Ahmed, Zahid" <zahid.ahmed@commerceone.com>
Hal Lockhart <hal.lockhart@entegrity.com>
Mike Wray <mjw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Alan Byrne <Alan.Byrne@Vordel.com>
Krishna Sankar <ksankar@cisco.com>
"Edwards, Nigel" <Nigel_Edwards@hp.com>
"Lerner, Michah, ALSVC" <michah@att.com>
Carlisle Adams <carlisle.adams@entrust.com>
Tim Moses <tim.moses@entrust.com>
Ken Yagen <kyagen@crosslogix.com>
Sanjeev Hirve <shirve@cyberelan.com>
Taylor Boon <tboon@bionetrix.com>
Satoshi Hada <hada@trl.ibm.co.jp>
RL 'Bob' Morgan <rlmorgan@washington.edu>
"Jablon, Dave" <djablon@netegrity.com>
Irving Reid <irving@baltimore.com>
David Wine <david.wine@entitlenet.com>
George_Robert_Blakley_III@tivoli.com
chris.ferris@east.sun.com
Marlena Erdos <marlena@us.ibm.com>

Jeremy Epstein                          voice: 703-460-5852
Security Architect                        FAX: 703-460-5999
webMethods, Inc.                         cell: 703-989-8907
Fairfax Virginia             email: jepstein@webMethods.com