security-core message

Subject: Irving's votes on the ballot

{AP-1} Generalized or specialized solution

1. We should develop a generalized solution as an interim step to satisfying
the specific requirements identified by the Use Cases sub-committee.

{AP-2} Questions the PEP can ask the PDP
1.      "Yes/No/Can't decide".
3.      Specific attributes requested by the PEP.

As Prateek pointed out, there is almost always useful data to go with a
"yes/no/can't decide" answer.

{AP-3}  Question: should we define a PDP-PDP protocol?
2.      No.

{AP-4}  The number of assertions in a message
3.      An unlimited number.

{AP-5} Combining components
1.      The model should explicitly identify that components of the model
may be combined.

The model should _not_ describe which specific combinations are required,
allowed, or prohibited.

{AP-6} Assertion validation component
Abstain.

As I see it, assertion validation is implicit in the concept of the 'relying
party'; if the RP can't tell if the assertion is valid, it shouldn't rely.
I'm happy to let the rest of you decide whether to call it out.

 - irving -