security-core message

Subject: Results of ballot

Title: Results of ballot

Colleagues - I received ballots from eight people (Jeff Hodges, Charles Knouse, Irving Reid, Marlena Erdos, Prateek Mishra, Phillip Hallam-Baker, Carlisle Adams, Tim Moses).  If you voted, and your name isn't listed here, please let me know immediately.

The results are:

Q1: We should develop a generalized solution as an interim step to satisfying the specific requirements identified by the Use Cases sub-committee. (Unanimous).

Q2: The PDP should return to the PEP a "Yes/No/Can't decide" indication and specific attributes requested by the PEP. (6 of 8 for "Yes/No", 7 of 8 for "requested attributes", 2 of 8 for "any attributes, including unrequested ones").

Q3: We should not define a PDP-PDP protocol.  (5 of 8, plus one abstention).
Q4: An unlimited number of attributes can be contained in a message.  (6 of 8).
Q5: The model should explicitly identify that components of the model may be combined.  (5 of 8).
Q6: The model should identify "assertion validation" as a separate component. (6 of 8, plus one abstention).

Best regards.  Tim.
Tim Moses
Tel: 613.270.3183