security-editors message

Subject: Re: Doc naming & glossary (was: Doc naming)

Darren Platt wrote:

> We sent the requirements doc to the list last night - let me know if there
> were any issues with the naming  so I can get it right next time.

looks to me like they're named just fine.

One minor item is that the glossary is available here..

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-hodges-glossary-01.html

..and so it probably makes sense to alter draft-sstc-use-strawman-* to point at
that rather than include it with those files.

Another item is filename-*and directory name*-conventions in the face of having
.html files bundled along with a bunch of graphics files. Seems to me that
naming the containing folder as you did is probably the right way to go (or
pretty close). We can and should make .pdf versions of both
draft-sstc-use-strawman-03.html and draft-sstc-use-strawman-issues-03.html, and
have them available on in the repository..

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/

..at the top level, while the .html files would be down within the folder.

Hmm. Perhaps Karri can advise us here. It might make more sense to, in the
repository, have the files arranged like this..

draft-sstc-use-strawman-03_files        -- folder containing illustrations
draft-sstc-use-strawman-03.html         -- gets illus. files from the folder
draft-sstc-use-strawman-03.pdf
draft-sstc-use-strawman-issues-03.html  -- gets illus. files from the folder
draft-sstc-use-strawman-issues-03.pdf

..in the repository.

so if we do that, Karri, does Dreamweaver help us rearrange the files from the
all-included-in-one-folder form that Darren & Evan ship 'em out in, into the
above format?

I've placed the draft-sstc-use-strawman-03 folder, as D & E shipped it this
morn, in the \\Area51\WEBSITES\web_source\oasis\security\docs staging directory
for your perusal (I haven't synch'd it with the remote site tho).

thanks,

JeffH