security-editors message

Subject: Re: new SSTC web page (was: Re: Fwd: Prettified version of model)

> Thanks for the comments!  Look for fixes later today.

You're welcome, and the updates to the page look good.

One comment tho is that in the "announcements" section, this link..

  Please review the latest draft of the SAML specification.
                           ^^^^^
                           [link]

[link] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-saml-01.pd

..points to the 22mb pdf file -- I suggest we should have it point to the .zip
file, or have separate .pdf & .zip links with a warning about the .pdf file's
size.

> I am definitely willing to maintain the home page ... The only
> thing I'm not really thrilled about is that this means maintaining
> the informal "index" into the /docs area,

yeah, understandable.

> but, it didn't take all that much time to do the
> initial pass.

Yeah, I'[m not sure what to do about this in the longer term. Either some
human gets stuck with keeping such an index up-to-date, or we figure out how
to programmatically generate it. The lowest common denominator is to just
figure the bare docs respository index page is good enough given the doc
filename conventions and punt for the time being. I'm thinking that this is a
longer term issue that the Oasis folks will want to deal with Oasis-wide like
the IETF has done (and I'm starting to think the W3C also should after
spending too much time groveling thru their pages trying to collect all the
requisite docs (I really need to just do a "wget" mirror of www.w3.org/TR/))

> I do wish the OASIS server used a prettier "directory
> generator" for the /docs page, so that I could at least see the whole
> filenames.  Got any suggestions?

I'll ask Jeff Lomas, the Oasis webmaster, about whether they able & willing to
tweak that stuff.

> Also, I noticed that X-TASS (which
> Phil H-B did ultimately "submit" for the TC's consideration)
> should be in our /docs area for real.

I agree.

> Is that something you can do?

Yes. Karri, can/will you please grab this file..

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200101/bin00002.bin

..and place it in the doc repository with this filename..

  draft-xtass-v09.pdf

..and then we'll need to fix the pointer on the sstc page to point into the
doc repository (tho we might want to continue to have a pointer to the email
msg in the archives where it was "introduced into the record" (tho then we
oughta consider doing that with the other "submissions" too)).

> I looked over the mail I've received so far on the "contact information"
> issue, and I put in links only to those
> people who had (a) responded to me and
> (b) had clearly indicated that
> their contact information is public.  I
> conservatively took people's responses to
> include email addresses in addition to phone numbers, since mentioning
> an email address on a public web page *will* generate spam.

Ah yes, fair enough.

thanks,

JeffH

ps: are you now on security-editors?