security-jc message

Subject: SecurityJC 6/21/2002: [security-jc] Workshop/Seminar on Security forWeb Services

Suggest you also consider contacting Charles Wiecha and Rich Thompson
too as part of WSIA (and WSRP).

Thank you.
Monica J. Martin
Program Manager
Drake Certivo, Inc.
208.585.5946

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Karl F. Best
	Sent: Fri 6/21/2002 12:18 PM
	To: security-jc@lists.oasis-open.org
	Cc: ksankar@cisco.com; gannon; Karl
	Subject: [security-jc] workshop/seminar on Security for Web
Services

	JC:

	Another agenda item for next week's meeting: OASIS would like to
	organize a seminar/workshop on the topic of security for web
services,
	probably at the web services conference in Boston the last week
of
	August. Patrick Gannon and I have discussed this with W3C and
have
	invited them to participate in the seminar. Krishna Sankar, who
is a
	member of the OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB), will put
together a
	first draft outline/architecture of the various security pieces;
this
	will be the basis of the seminar program.

	While OASIS staff and the TAB, together with W3C, will be
organizing the
	seminar, we would certainly expect involvement of the JC and the
various
	security TCs. We would like to discuss this in the JC meeting on
	Wednesday.

	</karl>