security-jc message

Subject: RE: [security-jc] FW: security forum program

Some comments, observations and suggestions:

Re Benefits.  Now that this is a jointly sponsored event, it shows the
world that we are all working together...

Re Agenda "Security Standards Architecture - 3".  Does this imply that
we should have a draft of a common "vocabulary/taxonomy" defined and
presented?  How does this effect/imply acceptance of 1.3 in [1]?

Re Agenda "Liberty Alliance". IMO we should clearly address MS-Passport
as well (integration and co-existence if nothing else).  I say this as
MSFT is participating in the conference, there are a number of .NET
sessions on track and it's something we are going to have to at least
discuss anyway.

Re Agenda "Access Control and DRM".  I know this is somewhat
self-serving, but I'd like to see a discussion on provisioning (PSTC and
SPML) as well.  As a general ramble, it's interesting to consider the
question "how does an identity or an access decision-rule get there in
the first place?" This is so very often forgotten or ignored, but is a
critical part of end-to-end WS delivery.

[1]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-jc/200207/msg00005.html

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
(512) 657 8360                    PSTC/SSJC/WSA-WG