security-jc message

Subject: [security-jc]=?utf-8?B?UkU6IFNlY3VyaXR5IEpDIDgvMTkvMjAwMjogW3NlY3VyaXR5LWpj?==?utf-8?B?XSBQcm9wb3NlZCBTSkMgQ2hhcnRlciAtIENvZGUgb2YgRXRoaWNz?=

Title: RE: Security JC 8/19/2002: [security-jc] Proposed SJC Charter - Code of Ethics

I have no disagreement with these, but #3 at least and perhaps #1 as well seem redundant. I believe we are already obligated to follow #3 by virtue of being an OASIS JC. I thought #1 must also be mandated by OASIS, but a quick scan of the Bylaws and TC Procedures did not produce anything, so perhaps it is an important thing to say.

In the process, I did notice this in the OASIS bylaws:

"A TC shall have no obligation to abide by any decision arrived at in a JC to which it contributes membership."

Hal