security-jc message

Subject: [security-jc] Implementing SJC Charter "Deliverables"

Phil

I'd like to open the discussion on implementing the "deliverable" items
implicit in our charter.  When you boil it down, our charter has the
following things-to-do in it.  To kick-start the discussion, I submit
the following text for review/comment:

Charter commitment 1
====================
To promote the use of consistent security terms and definitions in TC
work

Proposed implementation
-----------------------
- Start an SJC glossary of security terms
- Draft new or otherwise reference existing terms
- Publish this on the SJC site

Charter commitment 2
====================
To promote re-use

Proposed implementation
-----------------------
- Design a small web based repository to hang of the SJC site
- Issue a call to member TC's to submit "re-usable elements"
- Setup review model JC members
- As accepted, reference "re-usable elements" in SJC re-use repo

Charter commitment 3
====================
Champion an OASIS Security Standards Reference Model

Proposed implementation
- Decide level of detail for the proposed model
- Someone submit a draft
- Review through committee process
- Publish on the SJC site

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com