security-jc message

Subject: RE: [security-jc] Secure

Phil,

	Thanks for your comments. Couple of points :

	a)	Haven't asked anyone to comment on a presentation, yet.
I myself haven't started on one ! Once I have the first cut, I plan to
work with the JC as I value the input and participation of the folks.

	b)	I will rework the secure proposal with your, Carlisle's
and other comments. Point well taken on the observation that we should
talk about security standards as applied to e-business.  Looks like we
would end up with similar but distinct presentations for the OASIS Forum
and the secure conference.

	c)	I am not sure the notion of "an agreed security
vocabulary of common terms and their definitions." across TCs is
required or even warranted. Like you pointed out different TCs can have
different interpretation of the same term. The term signature is one -
another example is the concept of non-repudiation which might be
different for election mark-up TC to Legal XML to ebXML and rightfully
so. The best we can do is to gather up all such definitions and
interpretations and put them in a common place - like the OASIS Registry
- without any attempt to reconcile them. In this context the security JC
can conceptualize and evangelize across the TCs to do so - the TCs
themselves can decide if they wish to contribute to and refer to this
common glossary pool. And finally if we all feel that a common glossary
is required, we should start a Glossary TC.

cheers