security-jc message

Subject: Three subjects for consideration by the SJC...

JC Members

1. OASIS has been approached by a freelance writer for comment to be included in an article on XML security.  As per our charter, the JC has been asked to coordinate this activity.  I am therefore sending this request to the list seeking a volunteer.

2. As you are all no doubt aware, Phil Griffin had to stand down as chair of this JC.  As the “co-chair” I have taken over administrative responsibility for the JC and in this capacity propose that the JC hold a meeting (in the fairly near future) to either sanction this or to elect an alternative candidate.  Is anyone apposed to me generating a Kavi vote to establish a date for a con-call sometime in mid/late November to discuss this and the future of the JC?

3. As the chair of the PSTC, i would like to bring to your attention that the Service Provisioning Markup Language (SPML) is in closing stages of a vote to be adopted as an OASIS Open Standard.  As an organization OASIS does not have a history of high voter turnout on adoption votes, I would like to appear to the JC members ensure that their company/individual voting representatives have voted on the adoption of SPML V1.0.

Regards,

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com

Director of Technology            drolls@waveset.com

Waveset Technologies Inc          (512 657 8360)