OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-leaders message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: Re: Agenda for security-leaders 27 March 2001 telecon

Notes from the meeting:

At 03:14 PM 3/23/01 -0500, Eve L. Maler wrote:
>- Subgroup status
>- Themes for next TC telecon
>- Schedule for drafts of the SAML spec and SAML requirements document
>- Planning for F2F #2


Alan Byrne: Krishna will take up a collection for condolence flowers.

Darren report (security-use): Took another 5+ issue groups and made ballots 
for them.  It's taking longer than anticipated.  The F2F draft will be 
strawman #4, not #5.

Phill/Tim report (security-core): They've been discussing order of nesting: 
How generic can the messages be?

Krishna report (security-conform): They've been looking at conformance 
information on XMLP and other similar specs.

Prateek report (security-bindings): The bindings group hasn't been 
meeting.  He has been collecting relevant information.

Jeremy report (security-conform): Should the considerations group still 
exist?  We tend to think so; they should look at recent discussions in the 
use-case group on security issues.

SAML draft: We should try to publish it a week before the F2F.  We 
discussed possibly breaking up the spec in the future, even though at F2F 
#1 we agreed on a unified outline.  After F2F #2, we should target 
consistent branding in everything that's published.

Next telecon: Themes will be:
- Models (again): updates to the existing ones plus more discussion on
   what's coming out of the core group
- Difficult use-case issues

F2F #2: Rough idea of agenda is:
- Presentations by all subgroup leaders (pure information transfer)
   . Use case: 45 minutes - 1 hour
   . Core/protocol: 45 minutes - 1 hour
   . Bindings: 20 - 30 minutes
   . Consider: 15 - 30 minutes
   . Conform: 15 minutes
   . Editorial: 15 - 30 minutes
- Use case/requirement discussions and confirmations
- Model discussions and confirmations
- Break out into subgroups? May not work; we'll decide on 10 April

HailStorm: It would be helpful to have Allen Brown tell us about this.

XACML: A ballot has been put out about whether they should become a TC.  We 
still think it's a fine idea for them to start a new TC.

ACTION items:

Subgroup leaders to meet with their groups in the next week and:
- Work on updating their sections of the SAML spec for F2F #2
- Work on publishing any auxiliary material for F2F #2
- Decide what/how to present at F2F #2

Subgroup leaders to get all F2F #2 material to sec-editors by 10 April for 
publication by 11 April.  Ideally they should produce PDF and add line 
numbering themselves.

Eve to confirm that 10 April is okay for Bob Blakley to receive section 
drafts in order to produce a SAML draft by 11 April.

Eve to let the whole TC know about the publishing deadline for F2F #2.

Eve to update the group page by 11 April.

Eve to get Hal and/or David to turn domain-use-nn into an introductory SAML 
spec chapter that can become a home for a lot of future contributions like 

Eve to ask Allen Brown to speak on HailStorm at the next telecon, and ask 
about a liaison/influencing relationship.
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC