security-leaders message

Subject: Re: Minutes from 10 April meeting

Alas, the OASIS site isn't responding.  Any chance someone could send me

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-glossary-00.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-core-05.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-use-domain-03.doc

as attachments?  Thanks,

--bob

Bob Blakley
Chief Scientist
Enterprise Solutions Unit
Tivoli Systems, Inc. (an IBM Company)

Jeff Hodges <jhodges@oblix.com>@spoon.alink.net on 04/10/2001 08:15:27 PM

Please respond to security-leaders@lists.oasis-open.org

Sent by:  jhodges@spoon.alink.net

To:   security-leaders@lists.oasis-open.org
cc:   oasis sstc editors <security-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>

Eve.Maler@Sun.COM wrote:

> EVERYONE: Please note ACTION items below.  Some are due IMMEDIATELY!

apologies, I unfortunately had to juggle some other stuff after our conn
call
that took longer than I expected.

> Bob will need to do the following things to the SAML draft:
>
> - Remove the requirements and use cases chapter and the
>   issues list appendix

...from draft-sstc-saml-01.pdf

A question this raises is whether draft-sstc-saml-01 is actually going to
be
split into three docs rather than two (see below).

> - Replace the old glossary with Jeff's new glossary

The version to use is (one of, at BobB's descretion)..

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-glossary-00.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-glossary-00.html

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-glossary-00.pdf

> - Replace the core assertions section with the new material

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-core-05.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-core-05.pdf

Note also that the current version of the "Domain model" doc is (now,
apologies
for latency) here..

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-use-domain-03.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-use-domain-03.pdf

> - Make any changes to the outline authorized by the decisions
>   taken at F2F #1
>
> ACTION: Eve to check with Tim (copying security-leaders) on
> whether the Protocols section has also changed and what
> precisely among the currently available draft should be put in.
>
> ACTION: Jeff to respond to this thread suggesting the proper
> file names for the requirements document and SAML draft

I'm assuming that BobB will be adding a fair amount of value-add front (&
back?)
material to the UC&R docs (reqs doc (sometimes called "strawman") and
issues
doc), and hence it's worthwhile to issue the so-enhanced docs as different
docs
(from the ones produced by UC&R) with different filenames. Hence I suggest
that
draft-sstc-saml-01 should "logically" become..

  draft-sstc-saml-spec-00
  draft-sstc-saml-reqs-00
  draft-sstc-saml-reqs-issues-00

Now, I'm (strongly) suggesting here that we follow the IETF process of
"anytime
a brand-new internet-draft *filename* is created, it starts version
numbering at
-00, no matter how 'new' or 'old' it's content might be".

If a lot of folks can't live with that, then I suggest we set the version
numbers at -02.

thanks,

JeffH