security-protocol message

Subject: RE: First draft

Title: First draft
Hi Tim,
I have just read this document and attach a version of the document with
my comments in line using the microsoft word "comments facility". Use
view->comments to see these.

I have two main comments.

1. For me, the comment that all assertions must be protected using the XML signature facility
is too strong.
There has been a discussion about this on both the use-case and core-assertion mailing lists.
The issue is that if two parties need high performance, they might establish a secure session
 and exchange unsigned assertions, relying on the secure session protocol to protect and
 validate them.

2. I think we are a bit light on error codes. I have tried to identify a few more at appropriate places.
(Example unknown entitlement assertion reference).

Other comments in line as explained above.

Regards,
Nigel
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Moses [mailto:tim.moses@entrust.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 9:00 PM
To: 'security-protocol@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: First draft

Colleagues - Apologies.  Some of you were not correctly included in the "protocols" mail list (my fault).  It is corrected now.  Please check out the mail I sent today.  Best regards.  Tim.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-protocol/200102/threads.html

Tim Moses
Tel: 613.270.3183

OasisProtocolDraftNigelComments.doc