security-services-comment message

Subject: [security-services-comment] [Fwd: Request: Modify schema to supportSAML attribute query return of ALL attributes within an attribute namespace]

Fowarded on behalf of Tom Edwards...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Request: Modify schema to support  SAML attribute query return
of ALL attributes within an attribute namespace
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:14:20 -0700
From: "Edwards, Thomas J (Tom)" <tjedwards@avaya.com>
To: <security-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
CC: <eve.maler@sun.com>, <cantor.2@osu.edu>

I would like this request to be considered in the next draft.

The basic request is to modify the schema to support a SAML attribute
query to return ALL attributes within an attribute namespace.
Currently, one can request ALL attributes by not including an
attributeDesignator.  But then the relying party cannot specify a
namespace for the attributes to be returned. Some details are provided
in the following e-mail stream.

Thanks for your consideration of this request,

Tom

Thomas J. Edwards
Consulting Member of Tech Staff
AVAYA Inc