security-services-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: vyarovoy@rsasecurity.com

We suggest some new names to clean up some ambiguity we encountered while working with SAML 2.0 metadata XML schema. We propose to name boolean elements in the document more consistently and in accordance with common boolean naming conventions, particulary Java ones.

The items that fall into this category and recommended new names are:

WantAuthnRequestsSigned (from IDPSSODescriptor) ->
This becomes “isAuthnRequestSigningRequired”

AuthnRequestsSigned (from SPSSODescriptor) ->
This becomes “isAuthnRequestSigningRequired”
Note that the same name works on both IDP and SP sides

WantAssertionsSigned (from SPSSODescriptor) ->
This becomes “isAssertionSigningRequired”

WantAssertionsSigned (from AttributeConsumingService) -> This becomes “isAssertionSigningRequired”)
Note again that the same name works on both sides

Thanks,
Vadim Yarovoy
Principal Software Engineer,
RSA Security, Inc.