security-services-comment message

Subject: Re: [security-services-comment] SAML V2.0 Metadata Extensions forLogin and Discovery

On 1/12/11 7:56 PM, "Tom Scavo" <trscavo@gmail.com> wrote:
>The <mdui:Logo> element is fine as far it goes, but what about icons,
>background images, etc.? I doubt the intent is to accept all kinds of
>images in this element, so my question is: What if the entity wants to
>include pointers to other kinds of images?

I don't think we have any use cases for anything else, but that's what the
extension point is for. As it is, I suspect even the use of logos may end
being less than anticipated.

But I'm not sure what you think the difference between a logo and icon is,
that is more or less what the Logo element is for, an icon representing
the site. They seem synonymous.

-- Scott