security-services-comment message

Subject: RE: [security-services-comment] SAML V2.0 Metadata Extensions forLogin and Discovery

> Well, there's a fine distinction between logos and icons (size and
> use) but the height and width are required so one should be able to
> find a logo (as opposed to an icon) with little problem.

I guess my point is there's no formal definition of that. One person's icon is another's small logo. It will be up to deployments to figure out what sizes they intend to demand.

> The problem
> is finding a background image (if one were provided). All of them are
> images, but without a label of some kind, I don't think there would be
> any way to pick a background image out of the bunch. Thoughts?

I think such a thing is clearly out of bounds of the Logo element, but nobody has presented a use case for it. It doesn't sound all that appealing to start changing backgrounds on people.

-- Scott