security-services-comment message

Subject: Re: [security-services-comment] comments on document set saml-metadata-rpi-v1.0-csprd01

On 10/3/11 6:54 AM, "Chad La Joie" <lajoie@itumi.biz> wrote:

>On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 14:17, Tom Scavo <trscavo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> - The name of the schema file (saml-metadata-rpi-v1.0-wd06.xsd) is
>> inconsistent with the rest of the document set.
>>
>> - [section 1.2] There is no (normative) reference to the accompanying
>>schema.
>
>These are artifacts of OASIS's new standards process and are as intended.

The background on that: we can't change the references once a document is
approved (like, say, to CSD), and we can't make the normative reference to
a CSD version before it's been approved, so you have a race condition.

OASIS TC-Admin has stated that using designated cross references is not
appropriate within a single specification's artifacts, so the choice was
made to stop the normative references. The schema is just part of the
artifact set for the specification.

All newer specs follow this convention.

-- Scott